Online Learning at AIAS is a flexible learning option that allows you to study anywhere you can connect to the internet, at a time convenient to you - as opposed to attending a campus.
Online Learning is unique because it encompasses electronically supported learning and teaching methods.
- Personal support - you'll be guided through your studies with an interactive and web-based educational experience. You get the same high level of support as an on-campus student, maximising your chances of success.
- Structured learning - regular timed intakes means you can look forward to a structured learning environment - this ensures continuous progression with all the benefits of flexible Online Learning.
Who is Online Learning suited to?
If you have personal or professional demands and require flexibility, then Online Learning could be suited to you. If you are the kind of person who doesn't need a structured classroom setting to feel motivated, then Online Learning is an ideal way to pursue a course of study without committing to campus attendance.
All subject assessment tasks are submitted online. Access to a computer and an internet connection means that you're good to go!
These are the minimum computer system requirements to ensure that you're able to run the AIAS Study Smart system -
- Windows, Mac OS X, Linux
- Internet Explorer 7+, Safari, Firefox, Chrome browser
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Disable your popup blocking software as some Study Smart courses require popups
- Cookies enabled
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3+. Visit Adobe website to get the latest version
- Ideally you should have access to Broadband - 64 Kbit/sec or faster. Click here to test your download speed >
Does it mean I won't get the same support as my fellow students studying on campus?
No - this is a big misconception about Online Learning.
Our courses are covered by the SAME support services as classroom study but offer more flexibility for ease and convenience. At the Institute, student support services are a key area of focus and available to all students no matter what study option they choose.
How does the Online Learning Induction Process work?
Online Learning Support will call you to induct you into your first nominated online subject. They will confirm with you that you have received all the online course materials and provide you with access to the following support systems -
- First subjects on Study Smart
- Student webmail
- Student Forums
- Live Chat
- Various other communication technologies
How do I access my online facilitator?
Each subject has a dedicated online facilitator who is an expert in that subject's field of study.
There are a number of ways you can contact your facilitator, including email and instant messaging, and they are there to provide you with support while you work through the study materials.
They are also there to give advice and support to the assessment items.