Get fully qualified in the feel-good sciences, with a flexible study schedule that's perfectly catered to you.
Online learning at AIAS allows you to study where and when it's convenient for you. Complete your course from work, from home, or on-the-go – all you need is an internet connection.
The unique online learning system is made up of electronically supported learning and teaching methods.
- Personal support - you'll be guided through our interactive web-based platform at your own pace, while getting the same high level of support as our on-campus students.
- Structured learning - intakes are timed regularly so you can get all the benefits of a structured learning environment with the flexibility of studying when and where you want - the best of both worlds.
Who is Online Learning suited to?
Online learning is suited to anyone whose personal or professional commitments don't allow for regular on-campus learning.
If you're the type of person who is excited to explore the feel-good sciences without being restricted to a classroom setting, then online learning is perfect or you. As all of your assessments tasks are submitted online, access to a computer and an internet connection is all you require to start (and complete) your studies.
These are the minimum computer system requirements that you need to run the AIAS Study Smart system:
- Windows, Mac OS X, Linux
- Internet Explorer 7+, Safari, Firefox, Chrome browser
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3+. Visit Adobe website to get the latest version
- Ideally you should have access to Broadband - 64 Kbit/sec or faster. Click here to test your download speed >
You will also need to ensre that you have:
- Disabled your popup blocking software (as some Study Smart courses require popups)
- Cookies are enabled in your browser
Online courses for mums
Will I get the same support as on-campus students?
Absolutely - this is a common misconception about online learning.
Online courses at AIAS are covered by exactly the same support services as those offered on campus, the only difference, they offer more flexibility for your convenience. Student support services are also available to all students, regardless of which study option they choose.
How do I start using the Online Learning platform?
Once you're ready to begin studying online, our learning support team will give you a call to welcome and induct you into your first nominated online subject. They will make ensure that you have received all of the online course materials that you need, and provide you with access to the following:
- Your first subjects on Study Smart
- Your student webmail
- Student Forums
- Live Chat
- Various other communication technologies
How do I access my online facilitator?
Each subject has a dedicated online facilitator who is an industry expert in that field of study.There are a number of different ways you can contact your facilitator, including via email and instant messaging. Your online facilitator is there to give you the support you need while you work through the study materials, while answering any of the questions that you have about certain assessments or tasks.
Don't let life get in the way of your educational interests or career goals.
Enquire today to find out how online learning at AIAS can help you get the skills and training you need to find a rewarding career in the feel-good sciences.