This qualification prepares people for jobs such as systems administrator, network manager, software developer, network support technician, ICT support technician, customer support professional, computer sales or help desk specialist.
After the successful completion of the program the candidates may gain employment in organisations such as Computer Retailer, Business IT Departments, Government organisation or to run a small business in IT consultancy.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have significant experience in specialist technical skills, or managerial business and people management skills.
Individuals in these roles carry out complex tasks in a specialist field, working independently, leading a team or a strategic direction of a business. They apply their skills across a wide range of industries and business functions, or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor).
The skills required for these roles may include, but are not restricted to:
• advanced data management information: creating, designing and monitoring complex systems that store data, and optimising organisational knowledge management
• cyber security: protecting sensitive data and information through security architecture, and developing disaster recovery and contingency plans
• full stack web development: building advanced user interfaces, developing representational state transfer application program interfaces (REST APIs) and designing user experience solutions
• further programming: applying advanced ICT languages to maintain security and manage data
• IT strategy and organisational development: managing and communicating strategic ICT business solutions
• systems development and analysis: modelling and testing data objects, data processes and preferred ICT system solutions
• telecommunications network engineering: managing logistics, organisational specifications, regulations and legislative requirements across network projects.
Access to computers at anytime during business hours
Full colour printers/copiers for course related work
Your student ID card is included
Access to Microsoft 365 & other course software