This qualification prepares people for jobs such as systems administrator, network manager, software developer, network support technician, ICT support technician, customer support professional, computer sales or help desk specialist.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have established specialised skills in a technical ICT function.
Individuals in these roles carry out moderately complex tasks in a specialist field, working independently, as part of a team or leading a deliverable with others. They may apply their skills across a wide range of industries, business functions and departments, or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor).
The skills required for these roles may include, but are not restricted to:
• advanced networking: configuring and managing virtual computing environments, and security within ICT networks
• advanced programming: applying intermediate and advanced programming skills, managing data and building advanced user interfaces to manage organisational requirements
• back end web development: developing and maintaining website information architecture and data
• business analysis: designing and implementing technical requirements, quality assurance processes and contingency plans for businesses
• cloud architecture: developing, improving and designing cloud infrastructure, including disaster recovery plans
• cloud engineering: building, implementing and managing cloud infrastructure and virtual networks
• cyber security: protecting sensitive data and information through security architecture and developing disaster recovery and contingency plans
• database and data management: creating, designing and monitoring systems that store data and optimise organisational knowledge management
• front end web development: designing dynamic and complex websites, user experience solutions and documents using extensible mark-up languages
• game art and design: creating complex 2D and 3D modelling and animation software through scripts and storyboards
• game programming: creating complex 2D and 3D interactive games and media, building graphical user interfaces and applying artificial intelligence in game development
• systems administration: reviewing maintenance procedures and support to help troubleshoot system applications
• systems analysis: modelling and testing data objects, data processes and preferred ICT system solutions
• telecommunications network engineering: managing logistics, organisational specifications, regulations and legislative requirements across network projects.
After the successful completion of the program the candidates may gain employment in organisations such as Computer Retailer, Business IT Departments, Government organisation or to run a small business in IT consultancy.
Access to computers at anytime during business hours
Full colour printers/copiers for course related work
Your student ID card is included
Access to Microsoft 365 & other course software